We play a lot of hockey every year. In fact, when you play some 3,000 games a year you tend to play in a lot of different hockey leagues. We’re going to share with you who we feel is in the Top 5 Toronto Men’s Hockey Leagues.
5. Hillcrest Oldtimers – You likely won’t find a guy younger than 50 but that doesn’t stop this league from being extremely competitive! I personally played a few games and there’s a definite feeling of wanting to win in this league. Aside from the rough stuff you have D-men blocking shots, crisp cross-crease passes and lots of fun from all of the players. Located in North York this is a fun stop at #5 on the list.
4. Adult Safe Hockey League – This is a monster league and most of us have at one time or another played for a team in this league. Locations across the GTA (in fact across North America) this league is played in nice rinks with good ice, clean rooms and the Thirsty Penguin! Why does the league stand out? There’s all kinds of championships! Location, region and national tourneys make it a fun season for any team and it makes for a lot of fun for those of us that still think we got what it takes to play in the show!
3. True North Hockey League – Another fun league with locations in Toronto and Brampton. Solid competition with lots of levels and days mean you get to play against teams that fit your skill level. I didn’t see too many blowouts in games I’ve seen so that’s a good sign (unless you’re hoping to pad some stats). What’s really cool is you’ll get to play at the Powerade Centre (home of the Brampton Beast of the Central Hockey League), the MasterCard Centre and the Ricoh (home of the Toronto Marlies).
2. Buckingham Hockey League – Playing out of the beautiful Buckingham Arena you get the advantage of great location, really good ice and a well-run league. If you’re looking for a competitive division you’ll find it in the A and B levels. In fact, lot’s of ex Junior and College players are in those divisions making for some quality hockey.
1. Downtown Men’s Hockey League – Not only does this league feature some really good hockey but you get to play at some really great arenas like: St. Mikes, UCC, De La Salle, Ricoh and even Maple Leaf Gardens! Having played many games in this league we’ve met a lot of great teams. These guys like being competitive but also showing up for work the next day with all of their teeth!
Other Similar Posts:
Top hockey stores